De Baca County High Point Trip Report

Date: June 2003
Author: John Garner

Previous trip reports are correct, with the following notes.

The access road is now signed "El Rancho", and is just east of MM 293 on US 60. Also, you can drive all the way up to the top of the mesa in a passenger car. To get there, keep driving a bit past the side of the mesa to a junction with two-track on the right. Wind past a set of small tanks (keeping right), then drive up the two-track to the top. It's a good road, and is easy to make in a car. The actual hp is about a half-mile past the tanks, and there's a cairn.

Nice place. Pretty views in all directions.