County Highpointer SAR Contact Information


The responsibility of supporting search and rescue (SAR) operations rests with the sheriff department of each county. National forest personnel contact them when the alarm sounds. Thereby there is little point in providing here national forest contact information.

In contrast, national parks support their own rescue operations (see below).

To learn the street address and telephone number of specific sheriff departments, click on the relevant state from the following map. For Alaska and Hawaii see below for contact information.

Alaska and Hawaii SAR contact information

National Parks

back to main emergency locator page back to graphical home page